Private Cloud has traditionally been the first step towards ‘cloud’ for organisations that want to maintain control of their infrastructure but minimise the risks of all hardware, data and applications living on their premises.
The simplest private cloud solution is back-up, where the organisation’s data is regularly sent to a data centre – a third party site – from where it can be restored in the case of an outage, cyberattack or ransomware attack.
Having servers and storage in a third-party data centre or ‘private cloud’ has several advantages.
Advantages of Private Cloud
- Redundant power supply (UPS – Uninterruptible Power Supply)
- Redundant network links
- Physical security guarding against unauthorised access
- Managed temperature/climate
- Direct access to the core of the carrier’s networks
- Geographical diversity
- Maintain control over sensitive data and security. Data and applications remain behind your firewall and are accessible only to your organisation
- Reduced operational expenses such as power and real estate
Things to Consider
- A private cloud infrastructure still requires the purchase and maintenance of physical hardware, albeit in a third-party site.
- Private cloud is beneficial where organisations want to maintain control over sensitive data and applications.
- Scaling up and down is not as simple as for public cloud solutions.
- Private cloud infrastructure typically forms part of a hybrid cloud solution.
Why Choose Kytec?
Kytec can design, deliver and manage the best cloud and data centre solution for your business using the best combination of private cloud, public cloud and on-premises infrastructure. In other words – Hybrid Cloud.
We offer a 24/7 Help Desk, Application Performance Management and Vulnerability Management.
Our key design criteria for private cloud solutions
- Optimising agility, flexibility and scalability
- Delivering optimal application performance
- Maintaining security and data protection
- Cost optimisation including leveraging existing infrastructure and effectively managing public cloud costs
Kytec can deliver traditional infrastructure where compute, storage and switching are discrete; converged infrastructure where compute and storage are combined and hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) where compute, storage and switching are combined.
Converged and hyperconverged solutions allow for rapid scaling, simple deployment, simplified management and intelligent end-to-end automation.
Kytec helps small to medium organisations get maximum value from Salesforce and makes implementation smooth and simple.
Salesforce is a powerful tool, but you need the right partner to customise Salesforce for your requirements, implement the solution cost effectively and make sure your staff are trained and enabled so you get maximum value from your investment.
Working closely with customers is part of the Kytec DNA – and we value long term relationships. We focus on turning technology into business benefits for our customers. We appreciate that every organisation is different, so we take the time to understand your business, your strategy and your goals, so we can implement a solution that can easily scale to where your business will be in the future. Our Business Analysts are the link between your requirements and our development team.
And we will adapt our approach based on your budget. We can offer simple, cost-effective solutions or highly customised solutions that will draw upon more Kytec resources.